Passionfruit Creme Brulee
|Passionfruit Puree||1/4 Cup|
|Heavy Cream||2 Cups|
|Ultra Fine Sugar||1/3 Cup|
The Passionfruit Puree I used was the Real Puree Brand!
- Pre Heat the oven to 325 Degrees.
- Arrange six 4 oz ramekins in a baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk the Egg Yolks and Sugar until light in color, whisk in the Passionfruit Puree.
- Meanwhile heat the Cream in small saucepan until steaming.
- When heated pour about 1/4 cup of the hot Cream into the Egg mixture while vigorously whisking so it doesn’t scramble the Eggs, gradually add the rest of the Cream while whisking until all incorporated.
- Skim the foam off the top and pour evenly into the ramekins.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and pour enough hot water into the dish to reach about halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes or until just set. Remove from the water bath and allow to cool to room temperature then place in the fridge and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, better overnight.
- When cool sprinkle a Tablespoon of the extra Sugar on top and torch with a kitchen torch until the Sugar is caramelized (keep the torch moving as you do it ) if you don’t have a torch set the oven to broil and place a baking sheet with the crème brulees on it and broil until caramelized.