Peach Brown Sugar Tarts
|Powdered Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Softened Butter||12 Tablespoons|
|Brown Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Peach flavored JELL-O||1 3 oz Box|
|Vanilla Cook & Serve Pudding Mix||1 3 oz Box|
|Heavy Cream||1 Cup|
|Brown Sugar||2 Tablespoons|
An easy peach tart that can be made with either fresh ripe peaches or canned peaches (which make it a year round treat!) I chose the canned peaches as I was in a hurry and they turned out great.
Adding Brown Sugar to the Whipped Cream adds a rich flavor. Just whip the Cream with a little Vanilla and a couple of tablespoons of Brown Sugar.
- Make the Tart Shells by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor until it forms a ball.
- Press the dough (it will be soft) into the Tart Tins and place into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain the canned Peaches and set aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the Peach JELL-O and the Pudding mix in a saucepan with 2 cups of water, stir over a medium/high heat until it boils, let boil for 1 minute, take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- If you are using Fresh Peaches peel them and if they are firm add them to the JELL-O mixture now so they can soften.
- Place the Tarts in the oven for 12-15 minutes until just golden brown.
- When the JELL-O has cooled slightly add the Canned Peaches.
- When the Tart shells are cooled use a slotted spoon to remove the Peaches from the JELL-O mixture and pile them into the Tart Shell.
- When they are all full spoon or pour the remaining JELL-O mixture over the Tart until it barely reaches the top, don’t let it overflow of they are hard to get out of the tins.
- Place into the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with the Brown Sugar Whipped Cream.