|Baking Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Melted Butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil for Deep Frying|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Cup|
Summer is winding down but peach season is in full swing! (You could also make these with canned peaches.)
If you don’t want to make the Glaze just dust them with Powdered Sugar.
They are simple and easy to make, you don’t need a Deep Fryer you can use a pot with the Oil in it instead, you will need a thermometer to get the temperature right as it needs to be 375 degrees.
- While the Oil is heating peel and dice the Peaches.
- Mix the Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, Salt & Cinnamon together.
- Mix the Milk with the Eggs and Melted Butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients then fold in the diced peaches.
- When the Oil is hot, using a tablespoon or a quarter measuring cup, drop a heaped spoonful of the batter into the oil, they will sink but quickly rise to the top.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, I flipped mine over when they were golden brown on the bottom and then cooked for 1 more minute.
- Depending on the size you should get about 10 fritters.
- Dust them with Powdered Sugar or mix the Glaze ingredients together and either dip them in it or drizzle it over the tops of the Fritters.
- Serve immediately.