Perfect Roasted Potatoes
|Canola or Vegetable Oil||1-to 1& 1/2 Cups|
|Vegetable Shortening (butter flavor)||1/2 Cup|
|Kosher Salt||1 Tblsp|
I love Roasted Potatoes! But they have to be crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The key is to get the oil smoking hot before you add the Potatoes, which gives dangerous but amazing results. I’d also recommend scuffing up the potatoes before roasting.
- Peel and cut Potato into large chunks.
- Boil Potato chunks on a low boil until partially boiled, not too soft or they will fall apart
- Heat oven to 425 and place roasting pan with oil & shortening in the hot oven so the oil gets very hot.
- Drain Potatoes and leave in the pot and swirl around until they have a rough texture (this is important).
- Season with a little salt and add carefully into hot oil. I Hold the pot close to the Oil before I place them in the pan, I wear oven gloves to protect my hands, and cook for 45 minutes then turn them over and cook for another 45 minutes or so until golden and crispy again I use oven gloves to protect my hands !
- Using a slotted spoon or spatula so they drain, lift potatoes out of the pan and season with salt. Serve Hot.