Pink Marshmallow Caramel Slice
|Powdered Gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Caster or Bakers Sugar||1 Cup|
|Pink Food Coloring|
|Self Raising Flour||1 Cup|
|Desiccated Coconut||1/2 Cup|
|Brown Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||11 Tablespoons|
This is a recipe from my past in New Zealand, my friends and I used to make these on the weekends and destroy our mother’s kitchens! I am slightly neater now, yet making Marshmallow always reminds me of that Cat in the Hat book where the pink goo goes everywhere!
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the base first by crushing the Weet-bix and adding the Flour, Coconut & Sugar then melting the Butter and adding that to the dry ingredients.
- Grease and line a Brownie Pan with Parchment so it goes up the sides of the pan, I also sprayed the paper that sticks out with cooking spray as the Marshmallow is very sticky, then press the base mixture firmly into it.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until it browns around the edges. Remove and let cool.
- When it cool spread the Caramel over the base and place in the fridge.
- Make the Marshmallow by sprinkling the Gelatin on top of 1/4 Cup of Water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Microwave & stir until clear about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add remaining Water & the Sugar to a mixer and beat for 4 minutes on high, with the mixer still running slowly add the Gelatin in a thin stream. Beat for an additional 8 minutes until the mixture has at least doubled or tripled in size.
- Tint with a little of the food coloring, I use a toothpick for my gel colors so I can add a tiny amount at a time.
- Spread the Marshmallow over the Caramel and let it set at room temperature.
- Slice into lengths of your choosing using a wet knife or spray it with cooking spray.