|Mashed Potatoes||2 Cups|
|Grated Parmesan||1/2 Cup|
|Onion Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Panko Breadcrumbs||1 1/2 Cups|
There is no better way to use up leftover mashed potatoes than this.
You can make as many as you like depending how many leftover potatoes you have.
The Mashed Potatoes you use need to be cold since I used leftover mash from the day before, my potatoes were seasoned already if you don’t have leftovers and are making them fresh make sure you season them well or they are a little bland.
I used a Deep Fryer so I could regulate the temperature, you don’t need one you can use a pot or deep pan that will hold about 2 Cups of Oil.
You could also whip up a quick dipping sauce or Aioli with Mayo & a little Siracha or Chipotle.
- Heat the Oil to about 350 degrees or until a few breadcrumbs dropped in it sizzle and brown.
- Mince the Parsley.
- Mix the Mashed Potatoes with the 2 Eggs and the Onion and diced Parsley, Parmesan and Salt & Pepper.
- Shape each Croquette into a cylinder shape and set aside.
- Beat the 2 remaining eggs and dip each Croquette into them until coated, don’t forget the ends.
- Roll each Croquette into the Panko until coated.
- Deep fry each Croquette until golden brown.
- I kept my oven on low so I could keep them warm while I cooked the rest.
- Serve immediately.