Puff Pastry Cronuts
|Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry||1 Box|
|Strawberry or Raspberry Jam||3-5 Tablespoons|
|Vanilla Pudding Mix||3 Tablespoons|
|Heavy Cream||1/2 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1/4 Cup|
This recipe only requires packaged puff pastry and jelly filling. Easy, easy, easy!
You may need a deep fryer and a couple of piping bags fitted with the filling tips. You can put the Oil in a pot and heat it but I prefer the Deep Fryer.
I cut mine with a drinking glass and a piping tip turned upside down for the center hole.
- Brush the Dough with the Egg wash and fold onto thirds along the creases (the egg seals it together).
- Repeat with the other sheet and then cut into donut shapes without twisting the glass or cutter as you don’t want to seal the ends.
- Pre Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Place in the Freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Place into the Oil carefully and cook on one side for about 5 minutes until golden brown then flip it over until it looks the same on both sides.
- Place on a paper towel to drain then when cool enough to handle inject each one with the Jam or mix together the Cream and Pudding until thick and inject that into the Cronut (I did one side of each ).
- Dust with powdered Sugar and serve.