Quick Banana Ice Box Cake
|Cream Cheese||8oz Package|
|Heavy Cream||1 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Cream Cheese||8 oz|
|Banana Cream Pudding Mix||1 box|
|Heavy Cream||1 1/2 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||3/4 Cup|
|Vanilla Wafer Cookies|
|Heavy Cream||1/2 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1/4 Cup|
I love Banana desserts and finding an easy one is a bonus! I found this recipe at Life Love & Sugar and it looked delicious.
I must admit that I didn’t follow the directions at all. I had no time, so I made some shortcuts. It turned out well but is you would like the correct way, check out the recipe of at Life Love & Sugar.
P.S. The Cream Cheese needs to be softened so it’s smooth and blends well. So take it out of the fridge a few hours before you start baking.
- Line a 9-inch Springform pan with parchment paper, I suck a little dab of Cream Cheese on the tin to help the paper stay in place.
- Take 1 package of Cream Cheese and blend in a mixer or hand mixer, add sugar and blend until smooth, at this point I added the Heavy Cream, Powdered Sugar & Vanilla and blended it all together until thick & stiff. The original recipe calls for the Cream to be whipped separately and then folded together.
- Do the same for the Banana Layer, mix the Cream Cheese & Sugar until smooth, then add the Banana Pudding Mix and mix again until smooth, add the milk then the Heavy Cream & Powdered Sugar and keep mixing until thick & stiff.
- Spread half the Banana mixture on the bottom of the lined pan.
- Top the Banana Layer with half of the Vanilla Filling.
- Place the Vanilla Wafers on top in a single layer starting with the outside edge and working in a circle.
- Next spread a very thin layer of Banana filling on top of the cookies, you should still be able to see the cookies this is to fill in the gaps between them.
- Add a layer of Banana slices then top with the remaining Banana Filling and spread into an even layer.
- Top with the remaining Vanilla Filling and smooth over the top.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours.
- Remove from the pan and peel off the paper.
- Whip the remaining Heavy Cream with the Powdered Sugar and whip into stiff peaks. Pipe around the edges of the cake and add Banana slices and crush up some more Vanilla Wafers and sprinkle them on the top or use Chocolate or Caramel toppings.
- Keep refrigerated until you serve it.