Quick Vegetarian Italian Balsamic “Chicken” Salad
|Romaine Lettuce||1 Head|
|Vegetarian Chicken Breasts||3|
|Campari or Roma Tomatoes||4|
|Fresh Parmesan||1/2 Cup|
|Olive Garden Creamy Italian Dressing||6 Tablespoons|
|Refridgerated Pizza Dough||1|
|Balsamic Glaze||4 Tablespoons|
|Bruschetta Seasoning||2 Tablespoons|
This is such a quick and easy salad that makes a complete meal using faux turkey from Gardein.
So many shortcuts I had every intention of making my own dressing but ran out of time and resorted to a bottle, it was fine if you want to make your own but I wanted this to be quick. You can buy the Cheese already grated, just don’t use that awful powdered stuff.
The “chicken substitute” I used is fake Turkey but there are a lot of similar products that get the job done.
I used this Pizza Dough. it comes on parchment paper already rolled into a circle ready to jam in the oven.
- Make the Pizza Dough by pre heating the oven to whatever your package says to.
- Rub a little Olive Oil on it and Sprinkle with the Bruschetta seasoning and bake for about 15 mins.
- Wash and cut the Lettuce into bite size pieces add to a bowl. Toss with the Dressing.
- Add some oil to a fry pan and add the “Chicken” and cook according to the package until golden brown.
- To the Lettuce quarter the Tomatoes and add to the bowl.
- Grate the Parmesan Cheese over the Salad.
- Slice the “Chicken” and place on top.
- Squirt the Balsamic Glaze across the Salad and serve with the Pizza Dough cut into slices.