Roasted Beet Phyllo Tart
|Phyllo Pastry||6 Sheets|
|Melted Butter||2 Tablespoons|
|Greek Yogurt||1.5 Cup|
|Creme Fraiche||1 Cup|
|Roasted Garlic||1 Head|
|Fresh Chives||2 teaspoons|
|Fresh Parlsey||2 teaspoons|
|Fresh Thyme||2 teaspoons|
|Pine Nuts||1/4 Cup|
Easy tart to throw together if you don’t like beets use fresh tomatoes!
Roasting Beets is easy but you can use a shortcut by using Pickled Beets from a jar, to roast the Beets peel them and cut them into cubes, toss with a little Olive Oil and cook in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes to an hour or until you can pierce them with a knife but still have a little firmness, alternately you can wrap them whole in foil and roast them in the same temperature oven for the same time then peel them and cut them into cubes. This is how you roast the Garlic as well follow the second directions by wrapping the whole bulb in foil.
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the Roasted Garlic (by squeezing out the insides) with the Eggs, Greek Yogurt, Creme Fraiche and seasoning, I added Salt & Pepper with 1 teaspoon of diced Fresh Chives, Thyme leaves, set aside in the fridge.
- Spray an 8 inch tart pan with non stick spray lay a sheet of Phyllo Pastry over the pan, brush with melted Butter lay another sheet at a different angle, repeat until all pastry is used, gently press it to the edges, and fold the excess pastry in and under so it doesn’t burn.
- Pour the filling into the Phyllo shell and bake for 45-50 minutes, the edges will be brown and the center should have a slight wobble to it.
- Let cool for about 20-30 minutes and top with the diced Beets and chopped Herbs & Pine Nuts.