Roasted Pumpkin Phyllo Tart
|Pumpkin (Kabocha Squash)||1/2|
|Baby Spinach||3 Cups|
|Marscapone Cheese||8 oz Container|
|Phyllo Pastry||8-10 Sheets|
|Butter Flavored Cooking Spray|
|All Purpose Seasoning||1-2 Tablespoons|
This is a yummy brunch dish that can be served hot or warm!
I used the Kabocha Squash, they are a beast to peel, cut it in to quarters first then use a knife as you will destroy your peeler, cut the skin off and then use the peeler for the little pieces you miss.
If you don’t want to buy Mascarpone just use Cream Cheese.
- Peel, de-seed and slice the Pumpkin into 1/2 inch slices , rub a little Olive Oil on it and roast on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Add the Eggs, Softened Mascarpone, Milk & Seasoning and whisk or blend with a hand mixer until smooth and it has no lumps.
- When the Pumpkin is cooled, spray a deep dish with cooking spray and layer a sheet of Phyllo into the dish depending what size the dish is you may need to layer them lengthwise or across with 2 sheets, layer the each sheet by spraying them with cooking spray, if the sheets are hard to separate don’t worry just leave them attached and spray them. Push or fold the edges down a little so they don’t burn.
- Add a layer of Pumpkin and a scatter a cup of Spinach and crumble half the Feta Cheese over it, sprinkle some seasoning over everything, then pour half of the Egg mixture over it
- Add the rest of the Pumpkin and Spinach, and the rest of the Egg mixture pressing the Pumpkin & Spinach down slightly so its doesn’t burn when cooking.
- Cook for about 35 to 45 minutes check it after 20 minutes, if it browning the Phyllo too quickly cover it with foil and keep cooking until the mixture is no longer jiggly.
- Serve hot or warm.