Roasted Vegetable Soup
|Vegetable Broth||8 Cups|
|Fresh Oregano||3 Sprigs|
|Fresh Thyme||2 Sprigs|
|Half & Half||Optional|
This recipe uses a lot of summer flavors to make a great winter soup. It’s also a great way to use up leftover vegetables!
I really don’t like Eggplant but don’t skip it in this recipe it adds a great creamy texture to the soup.
- Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the Sweet Potato and Onion and cut into large chunks.
- Cut the rest of the Vegetables into large chunks as well.
- Place the whole Garlic head on some foil and wrap tight.
- Toss the Vegetables with some Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper.
- Place on two Baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Add the Stock and Herbs to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- When the Vegetables are ready dump them in the stock.
- Cut the top off the Garlic and squeeze out the roasted cloves and add to the pot.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Add some Half & Half if you like a creamier texture.