Shaved Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing
|Feta, Ricotta or Goat Cheese||1/4 Cup|
|Champagne Vinegar||2 tsp|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & Pepper|
Asparagus has such a fresh, clean flavor especially when it is paired with lemon.
I found this recipe on Platings & Pairings. This recipe only uses the stems, use the tips for another recipe, I like to lightly saute them and then throw the tips into a pan with fresh pasta and cherry tomatoes, garlic and Olive Oil.
- Toast the Pistachios in a dry pan for about 5 minutes, just until you start to smell them toasting. Keep shaking the pan so they don’t burn.
- Zest the Lemon and juice it, add the juice to the Vinegar and grate the Shallot into it season with Salt & Pepper and 1/2 of the Zest.
- Snap the woody ends off the Asparagus and place them on a flat surface , I like to put mine on the edge of the countertop and make ribbons by pressing down firmly with a vegetable peeler.
- Toss with most of the dressing, don’t drown it, though.
- I used Feta cheese mixed with a little Goat Cheese, use whatever you want. The original recipe called for Fresh Ricotta.
- Sprinkle the Pistachios and remaining Lemon Zest on top and serve.