Shortcut Blackberry Pie Bars
|Lemon Zest||2 Tablespoons|
|Baking Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (2 sticks)|
|Blackberry Pie Filling||1 can|
|Lemon Juice||2 Lemons (the ones you zested)|
|Fresh Blackberries||2 Cups|
|Heavy Cream||1.5 Cups|
|Powdered Sugar||1/4 Cup|
|Cream Cheese||1 package|
These are totally easy to make and you can also substitute the blackberries for raspberries if you like.
I use the Wilderness brand Pie Filling but anything with a good thick consistency will work.
- Pre Heat oven to 375 Degrees.
- In a food processor blend the Sugar and the Lemon Zest together (save the Lemons for juicing for the filling).
- Add the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt blend until combined.
- Cut the cold Butter into cubes and add to the food processor, pulse until you cannot see the large chunks.
- Beat the Egg and add to the mixture and pulse again, the mix should hold together when you grab a bit and squeeze it if it doesn’t add a little cold water until it does.
- Press 1/2 the dough into a 9×13 glass baking dish that you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix the Pie Filling with the Lemon Juice, then spread evenly onto the Pie Filling onto the Pastry.
- Crumble the rest of the Pastry on to the Pie Filling and bake for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool, then whip the room temperature Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar together until smooth then add the Cream and whip until stiff peaks.
- Pipe or spread over the cooled mixture, top with Blackberries. Slice and enjoy.