Shortcut Strawberry Layer Cake
|Strawberry Cake Mix||1 Box|
|Melted Butter||1/2 Cup|
|Sugar Free Strawberry Jam||3-3 Tablespoons|
|Marshamallow Fluff||1 7oz Tub|
|Powdered Sugar||4 Cups|
|Vanilla Extract||1/2 teaspoon|
|Softened Butter||1/2 Cup/1 Stick|
Even though this cake is made with a boxed mix you would never know it, it tastes like a bakery cake. Ignore my slap happy frosting, I was in a hurry!
This would be so cute for little girls (or big ones) birthday.
Use any decorations you like I used Pocky sticks, Cotton Candy & Marshmallows.
This recipe makes 1 nine inch cake that you can cut in half or, it makes 3 six inch layers, I only used 2 layers of the cake and had one left over for a single cake. If you want a large cake just double the recipe and make 2 nine inch rounds.
The reason you use Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam in the Frosting is it stays pink, if you use the regular it looks faded and dull.
- Make the Cake according to the directions on the box (without the ingredients), except you will add an extra egg than the box says and replace the Oil with melted Butter and the Water with Milk.
- Grease and flour the pans you are using. (knock the flour out
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans for about 15 minutes, then turn them out upside down on a cooling rack. When cooled wrap them in foil or cling film and place in the freezer.
- Make the frosting by placing the softened butter in a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, blend until smooth then add the Powdered Sugar on a low speed (trust me ! lower the better or you will look like Casper) add the Vanilla and the Marshmallow Fluff, continue to mix then add the Strawberry Jam and mix until blended completely.
- Frost the Cakes and decorate, then pretend it took you all day!