Simple Hearty Curried Pumpkin Soup
|Pure Pumpkin||1 29oz Can|
|Curry Powder||2-4 Tablespoons|
|Brown Sugar||1-2 Tablespoons|
|Onion Salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple Juice||1/2 Cup|
|Vegetable Broth||1 Carton|
|Cream Cheese softened||1 8oz Block|
Quick and easy soup that can be tailored to any flavor you like! If you like a more traditional soup replace the curry & turmeric with pumpkin pie spice.
The spice level can be adjusted to your taste.
- Peel the Onion and the Apple then grate into a large pot with two Tablespoons of Oil heated to a medium high heat.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until soft, add the spices and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Stir in the Pumpkin, Broth and Cream Cheese, whisk until combined.
- Using a stick blender or a regular blender, mix until smooth.
- Thin out with a little water until you get the desired consistency.
- Top with Croutons or Pumpkin Seeds.