Simple Margarita Pie
|Saltine Crackers||1 1/2 Sleeves|
|Unsalted Butter-Softened||1/2 Cup|
Lemon Lime Filling
|Key Lime Juice||1/4 Cup|
|Fresh Lemon Juice||1/4 Cup|
|Condensed Milk||1 Can|
|Whipped Cream||1/2 Cup|
|Lime/ Lemon Zest||1/2 teaspoon|
This is a version of Atlantic Beach Pie, its really easy and the flavors are like a Key Lime Pie but with a slight salty twist.
I used fresh Lemon Juice and bottled Key Lime Juice.
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush the Crackers finely but not into dust. I used a food processor but you could use your hands. Add the Sugar and then knead in the softened Butter so the crumbs come together like dough. Press into a pie pan.
- Chill for 15 minutes then bake for 18 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- While the crust is cooling, beat the Egg Yolks into the Condensed Milk and whisk until combined well, add the Citrus Juice and whisk to combine.
- Pour into the cooled shell and bake for 16 minutes until the filling is set.
- Let cool at room temperature and then place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with Whipped Cream and Citrus Zest before serving.