Spiced Roasted Carrot Brown Rice Kale Salad
|Brown Rice||2 Cups|
|Golden Raisins||1 Cup|
|Roasted Ground Cumin||2 teaspoons|
|Ground Coriander||2 teaspoons|
|Smoked Paprika||1 teaspoon|
|Toasted Pine Nuts||1/2 Cup|
|Red Kale||1 Bunch|
|Feta Cheese||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Parsley||1/2 Bunch|
|Sherry Vinegar||4 Tablespoons|
|Olive Oil||6-8 Tablespoons|
Kick your healthy eating habits into gear with this salad!
Roasted Carrots have a great texture and flavor that makes this Salad almost a side dish.
- Cook the Brown Rice according to the package. Let cook while you make the rest.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the Carrots and slice into 1/2 inch diagonal slices add them to a zip lock bag with a little Olive Oil and the Turmeric, Paprika, Cumin & Coriander, toss to coat. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until just tender. Let cool to room temperature.
- Make the Dressing by adding all the liquid ingredients together and then crushing the Garlic zesting and juicing the Lemon and adding it to the liquid ingredients. Whisk to combine and season to taste.
- Tear the Kale from the stems and tear into small pieces.
- Mix the Carrots into Rice then add the torn Kale.
- Add the Dressing and toss with the chopped Parsley add the Toasted Pine Nuts and crumble the Feta Cheese and serve.