Spicy Shrimp Wonton Tacos
|Thawed Extra Small Shrimp||3 Cups|
|Finely Chopped Green Onions||4|
|Finely Diced Cilantro||1/4 Cup|
|Tomato Paste||1 teaspoon|
|Melted Butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Shichimi Togorashi Spice Blend||1-2 teaspoons|
|Micro Herbs||1/4 Cup|
|Peanut Oil||1-2 Cups for frying|
I had to make these for a party and they literally disappeared in a minute! I could have made a hundred more and they all would have gone.
I used the round Gyoza Wrappers if you cant find them just use regular Wonton Wrappers.
The Spicy mayo needs to be made at least 8 hours ahead of time, I made mine the night before and kept it in the fridge.
- Make the Sauce first by adding the all the ingredients and mixing together, set aside, (see above note).
- Thaw the Shrimp and rinse under cold water.
- Cut Shrimp into small pieces.
- Add the Shrimp with enough sauce to cover the Shrimp with the Green Onions & Cilantro.
- Make the shells by heating the Oil in a pan, I had a 9×13 baking dish ready to bend the shells over the edges.
- Place a wrapper into the Oil and fry for about 30 seconds on one side then flip it over for another 30 seconds or until golden brown, lift out with tongs bend the wrapper over the edge of the baking dish and hold for a few seconds to get the shape, not too tight as the filling wont go in.
- When they are done fill with the Shrimp mix and garnish with the Micro Herbs and serve.