Strawberry Avocado Salad with Fried Goat Cheese
|Israeli Couscous||1 Cup|
|Snap Peas||2 Cups|
|Goat Cheese||1 Cup|
|Panko Breadcrumbs||1 Cup|
|Fresh Strawberries||1 Cup|
|White Balsamic Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|Maple Syrup||4 teaspoons|
|Olive Oil||4 Tablespoons|
A great salad to take to a summer party, just crumble the goat cheese on top instead of frying it, but if you are making it at home I do recommend frying the goat cheese, it adds a great texture and flavor.
You need to assemble the Goat Cheese the night before and freeze it so it won’t fall apart when its fried. Do that by shaping the Goat Cheese into the size you want, dip them in beaten Egg and then into the Panko crumbs, pressing them gently so the crumbs stick, place in the freezer until needed.
- Start by cooking the Couscous according to the package. When cooked rinse with cold water then gently stir through some Olive Oil so it doesn’t stick together.
- Make the Dressing by roughly chopping the Strawberries and adding them to a food processor or blender, add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, refrigerate until needed.
- Slice the Snap Peas lengthwise, quarter the Strawberries and cut the Avocado into chunks (add a little of the dressing to the Avocado chunks to prevent it from browning).
- Add the Spinach and Couscous to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat Oil to 350 degrees, I used a deep fryer but and inch of Oil in a pan would work.
- Take the Goat Cheese out of the freezer and fry until golden brown.
- Assemble the Salad by adding the Snap Peas, Strawberries & Avocados.
- Add the hot fried Goat cheese.
- Serve with the Dressing on the side.