Strawberry Shortbread White Chocolate Cookies
|Butter Flavored Shortening||2 Cups|
|White Sugar||2 Cups|
|Baking Powder||2 teaspoons|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Freeze Dried Strawberries||1 Cup|
|White Chocolate Chips||1 Cup|
Easy and quick cookies with a hint of tart strawberry!
- Pre heat the Oven to 350* Degrees.
- Crush the Freeze dried Strawberries and sift them so you separate the powder from the other bits, you will use the powder for decorating.
- Mix the Flour, Baking Powder, Freeze Dried Stawberries & Salt together and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the Shortening and Sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the Egg and Vanilla then mix until combined.
- Add the Flour mixture about a 1/2 Cup at a time until just combined, do not over mix.
- Roll into large golf ball sized rounds and place on a parchment lined baking sheet and then flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for about 8 – 10 minutes .
- Let cool then melt the White Chocolate Chips in the microwave 1st for 1 minute then at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Using a fork dip into the White Chocolate and drag across the Cookies so you get lines on the surface of the Cookie. Sprinkle the Strawberry powder over the cookies and let the Chocolate harden and serve.