Summer Quinoa Salad
|Red Quinoa cooked according to the package||2 Cups cooked|
|Chick Peas||1 Can drained|
|Fresh Peaches or Nectarines, diced||3|
|English Cucumber, diced||1|
|Sweet Corn||2 Cobs|
|Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds||1/2 Cup|
|Baby Spinach||2 Cups|
|Red Onion, finely diced||1/2|
|Fresh Parsley||1/4 Cup|
|Fresh Basil||1/4 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Lemon juiced & zested||1|
|Dijon Mustard||2 Tablespoons|
|Honey or Agave||2 Tablespoons|
|Salt & Pepper|
If you don’t like Quinoa use Couscous or if you cant find red Quinoa use white.
- Make the Dressing by whisking all the Dressing ingredients together and setting aside.
- Cook the Corn with the husks still on, by cutting the bottom off each one and microwave both together for 5 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle cut the Corn from the cobs.
- Add the cooked and cooled Quinoa to a large bowl along with the Diced Peaches, Finely Diced Red Onion, Drained Chick Peas, Cooled Corn & Diced Cucumber.
- Bunch the Spinach together and slice into ribbons or smaller pieces.
- Add the Avocado, Sunflower Seeds and the Dressing.
- Chop the Basil & Parsley finely and stir through and serve.