Summer Salad Bowl with Jalapeno Vinaigrette
|Little Gem Lettuce||2 Heads|
|French Green Beans||2 Cups|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Dijon Mustard||1 teaspoon|
|Honey or Agave||1 teaspoon|
|Canola Oil||1/2 Cup|
- Make the Dressing by juicing the Lime & chopping the Jalapeno’s (removing the membrane & seeds). Whizz it all together in a food processor, set aside while you make the Salad.
- Heat a grill pan and grill the Corn and also boil some water for the Green Beans.
- Place the Green Beans in the boiling water for about 1-2 minutes then run them under cold water to stop the cooking process and then throw them in the grill pan with a little kosher salt.
- Strip the corn from the cob and let cool same for the Green Beans.
- Assemble the Salad by washing and arranging the leaves around the bowl you will be serving it in.
- Slice the Avocado and the Tomatoes. Thinly slice the Red Onion and the Cucumber.
- Arrange it all in the Lettuce lined bowl and add a few slices of grilled Bread if you like.