Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup
|Sweet Potatoes||3 Large|
|Coconut Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger Paste||2 Tablespoons|
|Red Curry Paste||2 Tablespoons|
|Vegetable Broth||4-5 Cups|
|Raw Almond or Peanut Butter||1/4 Cup|
|Coconut Milk||1 can|
Spicy and creamy soup with no dairy and a punchy red curry flavor!
The Red Curry Paste I use is this one its really hot ! so add it a Tablespoon at a time just in case 1 will do. The one you will probably find at most grocery stores is this one (Vegetarian) it is a lot milder you may have to use the whole jar with that one. There are also great Vegan/Vegetarian ones that don’t contain Shrimp Paste.
If you like it more creamy you can substitute the Vegetable Broth with Vegan Protein Broth I found at Walmart or the Coconut Soup base they have.
Other shortcuts you can do is to use the tubes of Fresh Ginger & Garlic Paste you do use a lot more than fresh.
I garnished mine with Cilantro, Chili Peanuts and Wasabi Sesame Seeds that I found at an Asian market.
- Peel and dice the Carrots and Sweet Potatoes.
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a large pot, Peel and slice the Onions add to the pot with the Ginger and Garlic, saute for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the Sweet Potatoes & Carrots, add the Curry Paste and continue to cook.
- Mix the Almond Butter with some of the Broth until smooth and add to the pot.
- Add the remaining broth and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook covered for about 15-20 minutes.
- When the Vegetables are tender either blend with a stick blender or ladle it into a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
- Season at this stage with more Red Curry paste or Salt if needed.
- Serve with diced Cilantro, Fresh Lime & Wasabi Peanuts.