Toasted Coconut Bread
|Unsalted Butter||1 stick|
|Solid Coconut Oil||1/3 Cup|
|Flour||3 1/3 Cups|
|Baking Powder||2 teaspoons|
|Baking Soda||1/2 teaspoon|
|Sour Cream/Full Fat Greek Yogurt||1/3 Cup|
|Vanilla Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Coconut Milk||1 Can|
|Toasted Coconut||1 Cup|
Even though this is called a bread it is quite cake-like. It reminds me of Trader Joes Pancake Bread.
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 degrees, spray 2 Loaf pans or line with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, Coconut Oil and Sugar to a standing mixer and mix until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- While you are creaming the Butters and Sugar, Add the Flour, Baking Soda & Baking Powder to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the Coconut Milk, Vanilla & Sour Cream to a large mixing cup with a pour spout and whisk till combined.
- When the Butters and Sugar are ready add the Eggs one at a time, with the mixer on low speed It will look a little split but don’t worry.
- Add a Cup of the Flour mixture to the Butter mixture the alternate with half of the wet mixture then the Flour again, Wet mixture then end with the remaining Flour.
- Gently stir through the Toasted Coconut. You can save a little to sprinkle on the top of each loaf before baking.
- Evenly spoon into the pans and bake for 45-50 minutes.