Tropical Sponge Cake
|Flour||3/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Sweetened Whipped Cream||2 Cups|
|Diced Mangoes||1 Can|
|Fresh Strawberries||2 Cups|
Easy summer cake with a quick sponge mix!
I made two of these Cakes so if you want to do it the same, make 2 separate batches of the mix (it only takes a few minutes).
I use Canned Diced Mangoes for this recipes as it needs the liquid from the can to soak into the cake.
To make the Sweetened Whipped Cream whisk 1 Cup of Cream with 1/4 Cup of Powdered Sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract and whip until you have stiff peaks.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the Flour and Salt together twice.
- Add the Eggs to a stand mixer and beat lightly then add the Sugar and slowly increase the speed to high until it increases in volume, and they turn to a pale yellow color and reach a ribbon stage.
- Add the Flour to the Egg mixture in thirds and fold gently with a rubber spatula.
- Add the Vanilla with your last amount of Flour and fold gently.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the Cake pulls away from the edges of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Drain the Mangoes but reserve the Juice for the Cake.
- Slice the Strawberries and peel the Kiwis and slice them.
- When the Cake(s) are cooled use a pastry brush to brush the top layer of the cake with the Mango syrup you have drained.
- Layer the Kiwis and Strawberries on top of the syrup layer, spoon the diced Mangoes over the top of those and spoon the Sweetened Whipped Cream over the top of that you can serve it that way if you have 1 Layer or top it with the 2nd layer and dust with powdered Sugar.