Twisted Greek Salad
|Haricot Verts (Thin Green Beans)||2 Large Handfuls|
|Balsamic Vinegar||4 Tbsp|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Feta Cheese||3/4 Cup|
|Greek Yogurt||1/4 Cup|
|Green Onions (white parts only)||2|
|Red Wine Vinegar||4 Tbsp|
|Olive Oil||3 Tbsp|
|Dried Oregano||1/4 tsp|
|Dried Dill||1/4 tsp|
I love greek salads and I love greek green beans so I think this is a great combination.
I like to add the feta flavor in the dressing rather than scattering it on the top (as I think it looks messy) and not everyone likes it. If you’re a fan of feta though, chuck it on top!
Twisted Greek Salad Steps
Mix the balsamic dressing first and split it into 2 amounts, one for the beans and one for the beets.
- Peel raw Beet and Spiralize and place in 1/2 of the Balsamic dressing to soften, set aside. (if you don’t have a Spiralizer just grate or matchstick them).
- Cover Green Beans with water and a teaspoon of salt in a pot and cook for about 2 minutes then place in a colander or sieve and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Blend Feta dressing and refrigerate if it’s too thick add a little water a teaspoon at a time also you can add a little honey or sugar if you think it needs it.
- Cut the Cucumber into chunks and dice the Red Peppers.
- Toss the Green Beans with the remaining Balsamic Dressing.
- Place Lettuce on a platter and place green Beans in a pile in the center and carefully place the drained beets around the edge & top with Cucumber and Red Peppers.
- Serve with the Feta Dressing on the side.