Vegan Pineapple Whip
|Frozen Pineapple Chunks||4-5 Cups|
|Coconut Milk||1 Can|
|Coconut Cream||1/2 Cup/6.8 oz container|
|Agave Syrup||2 Tablespoons|
|Pineapple Flavoring||2 teaspoons|
This is so easy, but you will need a food processor or a really good blender. I did let my pineapple chunks thaw for about 10 minutes on the counter first.
This is healthy vegan version of the classic Disney dessert, if you want it to be closer to the original use cool whip instead of coconut milk.
I always have a can of Coconut Milk in my fridge, so I used that by spooning most of the solid Coconut from the top of can and then I used the liquid as well , it was probably easier to use it unrefrigerated.
The Pineapple flavoring I used was from a Latin Market, it had the color and flavor. I’m sure any kind would work even the flavored water enhancers would work.
- Place the Frozen Pineapple Chunks in a food processor or blender.
- Add 1/2 of the Coconut Milk and blend, keep adding Coconut Milk until smooth.
- Keep scraping down the sides.
- Add the Sweetener and flavoring, continue to blend.
- Finish by adding the Coconut cream and blend again.
- I put mine in the freezer while it was still in the food processor bowl while I got the serving containers ready, it does melt quickly !
- If it refreezes just blend it again.
- Either spoon it or place in a piping bag and fill any dish you like.
- Serve immediately.