Vegetarian “Sausage” Rolls
|White Beans||1 Can|
|Puff Pastry||1 Roll|
I used to eat these all the time when I used to live in New Zealand (nonvegetable versions ewww) so I thought I would try to come up with a Vegetarian version. These were pretty damn good!
You can buy a lot of frozen vegetable mixes that have great flavor and have lentils and quinoa added to them, you can even buy the diced Sweet Potato frozen just thaw it first.
- Heat the oven to 425 Degrees.
- Peel and cut the Sweet Potato into cubes, toss with Olive Oil and the spices, cook until tender about 25-30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Open and drain White Beans, add to the Sweet Potatoes when they have cooled and throw the whole lot into a food processor, blend for a minute or so.
- Add the Cilantro & Green onions, taste and add seasonings, stir the crumbled Feta through the mix, you want to keep it in chunks.
- Place in the fridge, I left mine overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll the thawed Pastry and cut the Pastry lengthwise in half.
- Place the mixture on the Pastry about an inch away from the edge, try to keep it as even as possible ( you can smooth it out with wet hands).
- Start rolling the Pastry with the filling side towards the outside edge and then wet the edge with water and seal the roll, leave the seam on the underside and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Beat an egg and brush over the rolls, sprinkle with Smoked Paprika and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until nice and brown.
- Serve hot with Barbeque Sauce.