Vegetarian White Bean Puree with Grilled Vegetables
|White Beans (Cannelli Beans)||2 15oz Cans|
|Vegetable or Chicken Broth||1/2 Cup|
|Kosher Salt||to taste|
|Olive Oil||6 Tblsp|
I love this dish it is so easy and amazingly satisfying it can be topped with any Grilled or Roasted Vegetable. Coat any vegetable lightly in Olive Oil & season with Salt & Pepper and cook until medium tender not soggy in a grill Pan. It is an amazing Protein rich dish that can be made ahead of time, keep it in the fridge and reheat before serving . Mix up some Parsley, Green Onion & Olive Oil in a food processor & toss the vegetables in it, adds a lovely fresh flavor.
I must admit sometimes as a Vegetarian I do get sick of eating cold salads(especially in the winter). Everyone who has tried this raves about it! it is easier than a Cauliflower Puree as you just whizz this up in a food processor or blender(no sieves to run it through).
- Heat Olive Oil over a medium heat rough chop Onion and cook until soft you don’t want to brown it so the Puree stays white in color.
- Drain Beans ( save the bean juice if you want to make Vegan Meringues) and add to pan with Onion .
- Crush Garlic add to pan.
- Add Vegetable or Chicken Stock and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook on medium for about 5 to 10 mins don’t let it brown, just keep at a low simmer.
- Let cool slightly and transfer the whole pan to a food processor or blender and blend till smooth or desired texture is reached, I like it thick and it is not going to be completely smooth, don’t worry it tastes fantastic.