Winter Citrus Salad
|Cara Cara Orange||1|
|Pomegranate seeds||1/4 Cup|
|Canola Oil||4 Tbsp|
|Sherry Vinegar||1 Tbsp|
|Orange Juice||1 Tbsp|
|Salt & Pepper|
How great does this salad look? With all the winter colds and sicknesses going around right now, this salad can’t do any harm. Plus all this amazing citrus is in season right now too. You can use any type of citrus you like, just make sure to use a great variety!
The only tool you will need for this recipe is a serrated knife (to cut the fruit). That’s all there is to putting this together.
You can add some slivered toasted almonds on top if you like.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Peel all the citrus and slice into 1/8 inch slices (I know you’re supposed cut all the rinds and pith off the fruit, but who has time for that?).
- Peel the radish and thinly slice.
- Thinly slice the fennel and arrange on top of the lettuce.
- Arrange the sliced citrus and radish by overlapping them on top of the fennel, starting with the larger grapefruit on the bottom.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad before you serve it.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the salad and serve.