Yummy Brown Rice Spinach Feta Salad
|Brown Rice||1.5 Cups|
|Pecan Halves||1 Cup|
|Baby Spinach||2 Cups|
|Green Bell Peppers||2|
|Fresh Parsley||1/2 Cup|
|Feta Cheese||3/4 Cup|
|Extra Light Olive Oil||5 Tablespoons|
|Dijon Mustard||3 Tablespoons|
|Maple Syrup||2 Tablespoons|
|Salt & Pepper|
This is a great fall or winter salad that is filling and satisfying, this will be a welcome addition to any late-year party.
If you like it a little sweeter add some dried Cranberries.
- Cook the Rice according to the package, add a little Olive Oil and Salt to the water. When cooked set aside to cool (I made mine the night before).
- Make the Dressing by zesting and squeezing the Lemon then whisking everything together and set aside in the fridge.
- Toast the Pecans in a dry pan until they are toasted, when cool roughly chop them.
- Dice the Red Onion and Green Peppers then add those to the Rice.
- Roughly chop the Spinach and Parsley then add that too.
- Stir through the Toasted Pecans and Dressing, then top with the Feta Cheese and serve.