Zucchini Carrot Tart
|Yellow Summer Squash||2|
|Boursin Herb Cheese||5 oz package|
|Milk/Cream||1 1/2 Cups|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/2 Cup|
I saw this recipe online and thought it looked great, but when I tried to print out the recipe it was in Russian. I used Google Translate and I swear the Russian version was less confusing!
The hardest part of this is slicing the Vegetables and even that is relatively easy, actually, it’s a no-brainer with this Mandoline.
Zucchini Carrot Tart Steps:
- Pre Heat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper (I buy the circles already cut). An easy tip if you don’t have the pre-cut circles is to put the paper on the base first then close the springform tin around the outside and trim with scissors.
- Roll out the dough so it is a large circle about 2-3 inches larger than the springform tin as it needs to go up the sides of the pan.
- Thinly slice the Vegetables on a Mandoline and set aside. I cut the carrots a little thinner than the Zucchini.
- Mix together the Boursin, Eggs, Garlic, Seasoning and milk.
- Spray the tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drape the pastry over the tin (fold into quarters, it’s easier to handle, then unfold on the tin) lightly press into the tin.
- Starting on the outside, layer the Vegetables on their edges alternating each Vegetable until you reach the center, packing them in quite tightly.
- Pour over Cheese & Egg mixture as evenly as you can manage then sprinkle Parmesan on the top.
- Cook for an hour until it is quite brown on the top
- After it has cooled for about 30 mins, remove the outside of the tin (run a knife around the top inside edge to help it come out without tearing)
- Slice with a serrated knife and serve.