Zucchini Cherry Bites
|Goat Cheese||1/4 Cup|
|Fresh Basil||1 teaspoon|
|Olive Oil||4 Tablespoons|
I saw this recipe in Rachel Ray’s magazine. Its a really easy fresh tasting appetizer.
If you don’t like raw Zucchini use Cucumber instead.
- Remove the pits from the Cherries by placing the Cherry on the mouth of a water bottle and push through the pit with a chopstick so the pit falls into the water bottle for easy cleanup.
- Mix the Goat Cheese with the diced Basil, 1/2 the Lemon Zest & 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
- Place the Goat Cheese mixture into a piping bag and squeeze into the Cherry (place a finger over one of the holes.
- Slice the Zucchini lengthwise into thin strips.
- Place in a bowl with Lemon Juice, Oil & Zest (or any premade Dressing you have) Salt & Pepper.
- Add the stuffed Cherry onto a skewer then fold the Zucchini and add to the skewer.
- Grate Parmesan and Lemon Zest over the tray of skewers.